agnpy focuses on the numerical computation of the photon spectra produced by particles radiative processes in jetted Active Galactic Nuclei (AGN).
Notation and basic formulas are borrowed from [DermerMenon2009] which constitutes the fundamental reference for this package. The implementation of synchrotron and synchrotron self Compton radiative processes relies on [DermerMenon2009] and [Finke2008]. [Dermer2009] and [Finke2016] are instead the main references for the external Compton and \(\gamma\gamma\) absorption implementation.
The code is licensed under a BSD-3-Clause License (see
LICENSE.md in the main repository).
The code is available in the python package index and can be installed via
pip install agnpy
The code can also be installed with
conda install -c conda-forge agnpy
The only dependencies are:
numpy managing the numerical computation;
astropy managing physical units and astronomical distances;
scipy for interpolation;
matplotlib for visualisation and reproduction of the tutorials.
The documentation includes several tutorial jupyter notebooks providing examples of applications of the code functionalities.
- Non-thermal Particle Energy Distributions
- Emission Regions
- Synchrotron Radiation
- Photon Targets for External Compton
- A note on dust torus thermal emission
- Tutorial: Energy Densities of the Photon Targets
- Inverse Compton
- Tutorial: Synchrotron and Synchrotron Self Compton
- Tutorial: External Compton scattering
- Absorption by \(\gamma\gamma\) pair production
- Tutorial: \(\gamma\gamma\) Absorption in the Photon Fields of Line and Thermal Emitters
- Self-consistent modelling
- Using agnpy radiative processes to fit a MWL SED
- Acknowledging and citing
- agnpy package